Good morning everyone!
I hope everyone has had a wonderful week! We have a great week for the Farragut Band Program.
Just a couple of reminders this week and one for next week!
- There is a Band Booster this evening at 7:00 pm in the Farragut High School Band Room! It would be great to see you there.
- The Concert Band will have their Spring Concert on May 4th at 7:00 pm at the Tennessee Amphitheatre at the World's Fair Park!
Prior to that, there will a BBQ Dinner ($10.00 per person) at the L&N Stem Academy on the World's fair Site starting at 5:30 pm. Tickets are still available for sale/pick up from Mr. Clupper in the FHS Bandroom!
It would be great if each student could sell a minimum of 5 tickets each. I should have a few to sell that evening, but it is our hope to sell the allotment of 500 tickets before the event! I need to get the count to the sponsor of the BBQ Tuesday morning! Thank you for your help in helping to sell these tickets!
- All Parents Meeting will be held on Thursday, May 11th for all parents of students that will be participating in marching band this fall. There will be sign-up sheets available prior and after the meeting for various volunteer opportunities this summer and fall. We need as many parents to help that can. The program benefits from all of our help!
- Leadership Camp is on Tuesday and Wednesday, May 30th and 31st this year. Information is available in the FHS Bandroom.
- Information will be coming soon about another event on Thursday, June 29th at the FHS Auditorium! We are planning an event to showcase talent (music, dance, magic, ensembles, and etc) that evening. This event will be open to all current students, alumni, and staff! We would love to have a fun night sharing talents. Donations will be accepted and concessions will be available for purchase that evening! We will calling this event "Farragut's Got Talent" and one group/individual will walk away with a trophy for raising the most money that evening through donations!
- The Drum Corps International will be having an event on Wednesday, July 19th, at our stadium. Tickets are already on sale and the link for tickets is below. We will be needing help with concessions and selling ads for the programs. If anyone has connections with anyone wanting to donate candy products and etc. for us to sell, please let me know. We will not receive the proceeds from the ticket sales, but will receive the profit from Concessions and the Program sales. Tickets are going well, so if you are interested in attending, please purchase your tickets sooner than later!
"Drums Across The Smokies" - presented by Music City Drum and Bugle Corps and Farragut High School Band Boosters
Wednesday, July 19th, 2017 at 7:00 pm
Bill Clabo Field at Farragut High School
11237 Kingston Pike
Knoxville, TN 37934
Reserved Section - $25.00 $22.00 in Advance
General Admission - $15.00 $12.00 in Advance
Groups of 20 or more $10.00 only in advance, not day of show
Competing Corps (all Open Class):
Music City - Nashville, TN
Heat Wave - Iverness, FL
Legends - Portage, MI
Les Stentors - Sherbrook, QC
Louisiana Stars - Lafayette, LA
Southwind - Mobile, AL
- Band Camp is July 17th through July 28th.
- Anita Patel has the FHS Band involved in decorating a Christmas Tree for this year Fantasy of Trees event. More information to follow on this as well. Thank you Anita!
- If anyone is interested in Chairing Concessions for next year, please let me know.
Have a great week and if you have any questions, please feel to reach out to me! I appreciate all of you and your support of the Farragut High School Band Program!
Hope to see you all tonight!